From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1150s 1160s 1170s – 1180s – 1190s 1200s 1210s|
|Years:||1184 1185 1186 – 1187 – 1188 1189 1190|
- May 1 – Battle of Cresson – Saladin defeats the crusaders
- July 4 – Saladin defeats Guy of Lusignan, King of Jerusalem, at the Battle of Hattin.
- September 20 – October 2 – Siege of Jerusalem – Saladin captures Jerusalem.
- October 29 – Pope Gregory VIII issues the bull Audita tremendi, proposing the Third Crusade.
- Alexis Branas attempts to seize Constantinople in defiance of his master Isaac II Angelus.
- Cathedral of St. Jacob consecrated in Szczecin, Pomerania
- Destruction of Sigtuna – archbishop is killed
- Knut Eriksson builds a castle in the island of Stockholm
- Compass in Europe
- The Toltecs are deposed at Chichen Itza
- Zen Buddhism comes to Japan
- King of Ankor Vat, Jayavarman VII defeats Cham conquerors
- Ghorin Muhammed conquers Punjab
- Genoa takes Bonifacio (in Corsica) from Pisa
- September 5 — King Louis VIII of France (d. 1226)
- Arthur I, Duke of Brittany (d. 1203)
- Vladimir III Rurikovich, Grand Prince of Kiev (d. 1239)
- July 4 — Raynald of Chatillon, Prince of Antioch (executed, b. c. 1125)
- October 19 — Pope Urban III
- November 9 — Emperor Gaozong of China (b. 1107)
- December 17 — Pope Gregory VIII (b. c. 1100)
- Gerard of Cremona, Italian translator of scientific works (b. c. 1114)
- Roger de Moulins, Grand Master of the Knights Hospitaller
- Count Raymond III of Tripoli (b. 1140)