From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1590s 1600s 1610s – 1620s – 1630s 1640s 1650s|
|Years:||1624 1625 1626 – 1627 – 1628 1629 1630|
Events[change | change source]
- July 22 – English under the Duke of Buckingham invade the Ré Island in support of the Huguenots in La Rochelle. The invasion does not go well.
- A Dutch ship makes the first recorded sighting of the coast of South Australia.
- The aurochs are hunted to extinction, the last being killed by poachers in Poland.
- England places the first European settlers on Barbados.
- Siege of La Rochelle begins
- Korea becomes a tributary state of China