From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Decades:||240s 250s 260s – 270s – 280s 290s 300s|
|Years:||268 269 270 – 271 – 272 273 274|
Events[change | edit source]
By place[change | edit source]
Roman Empire[change | edit source]
- Emperor Aurelian pushes the Vandals back from Pannonia.
- Battle of Pavia: The Roman army chase after the Alamanni in Lombardy.
- Felicissimus leads an uprising against Aurelian. He is defeated and killed on the Caelian Hill.
- Aurelian begins to build a new defensive wall to protect Rome.
Europe[change | edit source]
- Victorinus, Emperor of the Gallic Empire, is killed by Attitianus. Domitianus is Emperor for a few days before being replaced by Tetricus I.
Syria[change | edit source]
- Zenobia makes herself to be Empress. She breaks all relations with the Roman Empire.
- Zenobia gives her son Vaballathus the title of Augustus.
By topic[change | edit source]
Arts and sciences[change | edit source]
Births[change | edit source]
Deaths[change | edit source]
- Ding Feng, general of the Kingdom of Wu
- Domitianus, Emperor of the Gallic Empire
- Felicissimus, Roman financial minister (rationalis)
- Liu Shan, last Emperor of the Kingdom of Shu (b. 207)
- Pei Xiu, minister and cartographer of the Kingdom of Wei (b. 224)
- Sima Wang, general of the Jin Dynasty (b. 205)
- Victorinus, Emperor of the Gallic Empire