From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Decades:||250s 260s 270s – 280s – 290s 300s 310s|
|Years:||280 281 282 – 283 – 284 285 286|
- Emperor Carus travels through Thrace and Asia Minor. He invades Syria and Mesopotamia.
- Carus gets the title of Persicus Maximus.
- Carus dies. During a violent dust storm he is killed by a stroke of lightning.
- Marcus Aurelius Carinus succeeds his father Carus.
- December – Numerian is made Emperor by his soldiers.
- Eusebius of Vercelli, bishop and saint (approximate date)
- Ge Hong, Chinese taoist and government official (d. 343)