A Boy Like That
||This article may have too many red links.
|"A Boy Like That"|
|Single by Selena|
|from the album Songs From West Side Story|
|Released||April 2, 1996|
|Producer||Abraham Quintanilla Jr|
|Selena singles chronology|
"A Boy Like That" is a popular Broadway song. "A Boy Like That" (originally "A Boy Like That/I Have A Love") was written by Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim for the movie The West Side Story (1957). The song was performed by Chita Rivera (Anita) and Carol Lawrence (Maria). In the 1960 film version the roles were played by Rita Moreno and Natalie Wood, but the songs were dubbed by Betty Wand and Marni Nixon (as both Anita and Maria).
Selena's version [change]
In 1995, after attending the Grammy Awards, Selena was asked to participate in the AIDS Project Los Angeles[source?]. She accepted because she had loved to do charity work and give back to her community, for which she was famous for being "down-to-Earth". Selena recorded the song as a R&B funk song. It was released after Selena was murdered for the various artists album in 1997.
Track listing [change]
- A Boy Like That (Original Full Version), 5:51
- A Boy Like That (Radio Edit 1), 4:06
- A Boy Like That (Radio Edit 2), 4:06
- A Boy Like That (Original Edit), 3:28
- A Boy Like That (Extended Remix), 8:14
- A Boy Like That (Guitar Mix), 4:54
- A Boy Like That (Dub Mix), 8:40
- A Boy Like That (Tribal Mix), 7:13