Bombay Stock Exchange
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1850s: Trading under a banyan tree opposite Bombay's Town Hall
- 1875: "Native Share and stockbrokers Association" was formed
- 1956: Government of India recognizes BSE as the nation's first stock exchange
Related pages [change]
- Gurusamy, S. (2009). Capital Markets, p. 210; the 2nd oldest stock exchange in Asia is the Tokyo Stock Exchange, established in 1878
- Michie, Ranald. (2007). The Global Securities Market: A History, p. 327.
- Khanna, Tarun. (2007). Billions of Entrepreneurs: How China and India are Reshaping Their Futures--and Yours, p. 57.