|Born||January 28, 1985
King City, ON, CAN
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||203 lb (92 kg; 14 st 7 lb)|
|Los Angeles Kings
|NHL Draft||73rd overall, 2003
He has also played in the OHL for 4 seasons; 3 for the Sarnia Sting and 1 for the Mississauga IceDogs. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Penguins with the 23rd pick in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. He played 3 seasons with the Coyotes before being traded to the Philadelphia Flyers on March 4, 2009 for Scottie Upshall and a 2011 2nd round draft pick. He played 3 seasons with the Philadelphia Flyers where he made it to the Stanley Cup Finals but the Flyers lost to the Chicago Blackhawks in six games.
He became a unrestricted free agent in the off season and was signed by the Chicago Blackhawks on November 26, 2010 to a one year contract. On June 24, 2013, He won the Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks after they defeated the Boston Bruins 4 games to 2 in the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals. Carcillo is also the host of the radio program The Bomb Shelter which airs on WGN Radio 720 in Chicago.
On July 16, 2013, Carcillo was traded to the Los Angeles Kings for a conditional sixth-round draft pick in the 2015 NHL Draft.
References[change | change source]
- Blackhawks sign Daniel Carcillo - Chicago Blackhawks - News
- "Blackhawks' late goals stun Bruins to win Cup". NHL. http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2012030416. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "Carcillo to host new music-focused show on WGN Radio". http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=603848.
- "The Bomb Shelter with Daniel Carcillo". http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/carcillo/.
- "Blackhawks deal forward Carcillo to Kings". NHL. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=678136. Retrieved 2013-07-16.