Echternach is a city in Luxembourg. It lies near the border with Germany. It is the oldest town with city rights in Luxembourg. Currently about 5000 people live there. Echternach was founded next to the Abbey of Echternach in the year 698. St. Willibrord founded the abbey. In the Middle age were very beautiful books writed here. The abbey were closed during the French revolution in 1797. Echternach awarded city rights in the year 1236.
Other websites[change | edit source]
- Official Website of Echternach
- Tourist attractions in Echternach
- Surroundings of Echternach
- Harmonie Municipale Echternach
- Intramuros asbl. - For the development of the historical center of Echternach
- Everything about Echternach