Emma Watson at the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 2010
|Born||Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson
15 April 1990
|Years active||2001 – present|
|Net worth||$50 million (2010)|
Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson (born 15 April 1990) is a English actress and model. She is known for playing Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movie series alongside Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint. She has played roles in other movies aside from the Harry Potter series, including The Tale of Despereaux (2008) and Ballet Shoes (2007). She became the UN Women Goodwill Ambassador in July 2014.
Fashion[change | change source]
As Watson has grown older, she has become more interested in fashion. She says that she thinks fashion is like art, which she studied in school. In September 2008, she told a blogger, "I've been focusing on art a lot, and fashion's a great extension of that."
In 2008, the British news reported that Watson was going to be the model for the fashion house Chanel instead of Keira Knightley, but both Watson and Knightley said that this was not true. In June 2009, Watson said that she would be helping Burberry by being a part of their new Autumn/Winter 2009 collection. She was later a part of Burberry's 2010 Spring/Summer campaign with her brother Alex, musicians George Craig and Matt Gilmour, and Max Hurd.
Filmography[change | change source]
|2001||Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||Hermione Granger||Released as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the US and India
Nominated for Best Performance by a Young Actor Saturn Award
Nominated for Best Debut at Empire Awards
Nominated for Best Youth Performance PFCS Award
Won Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Actress Young Artist Award
|2002||Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||Nominated for Best Youth Performance PFCS Award|
|2004||Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban||Nominated for Best Young Actress Critics Choice Award|
|2005||Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire||Nominated for Best Young Actress Critics Choice Award
Nominated for Best On-screen Actress MTV Movie Award
|2007||Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||Nominated for Best Actress at Empire Awards
Won Best Performance by a Female National Movie Award
|Ballet Shoes||Pauline Fossil||Television movie shown on BBC One|
|2008||The Tale of Despereaux||Princess Pea||Voice part|
|2009||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||Hermione Granger||Nominated for Best Actress Scream Award|
|2010/2011||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||A two part movie.|
|2011||The Perks of Being a Wallflower||Sam|
|2011||My Week with Marilyn||Lucy|
References[change | change source]
- "Emma Watson". The Late Show with David Letterman. CBS. 8 July 2009. No. 3145.
- "Emma Watson's Other Options". Teen Vogue. 18 September 2008. http://www.teenvogue.com/style/blogs/fashionweek/2008/09/emma-watsons-other-options.html. Retrieved 12 April 2009.
- Neate, Rupert (19 June 2008). "Chanel: 'No contract' for Harry Potter's Emma Watson". The Daily Telegraph (London). http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2157750/Chanel-No-contract-for-Harry-Potters-Emma-Watson.html. Retrieved 18 April 2009.
- Kay, Nathan (15 June 2008). "Chanel casts a £3million spell on Mademoiselle Hermione". The Daily Mail (London). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1026524/Chanel-casts-3million-spell-Mademoiselle-Hermione.html. Retrieved 18 April 2009.
- Nicholl, Kate (12 April 2009). "That's magic – Potter star Emma Watson makes her competition vanish". Daily Mail (London). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1169274/That-8217-s-magic--8211-Potter-star-Emma-Watson-makes-competition-vanish.html. Retrieved 12 April 2009.
- "Burberry and Hermione photos". Emma Watson official website news. 13 June 2009. http://www.emmawatson.com/en/Latest/Fashion/Fashion/Burberry-ShootHermione-pic/. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- Craik, Laura (9 June 2009). "Harry Potter star Emma Watson charms Burberry". The Evening Standard. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/fashion/article-23705207-details/Harry+Potter+star+Emma+Watson+charms+Burberry/article.do. Retrieved 28 June 2009.
- Alexander, Hilary (5 January 2010). "Emma Watson is Burberry's spring/summer 2010 poster girl". The Daily Telegraph (London). http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/hilaryalexander/6937799/Emma-Watson-is-Burberrys-springsummer-2010-poster-girl.html. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Thanks, big sis! It's a Watson double act as Emma recruits her brother for Burberry". The Daily Mail (London). 7 January 2010. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1240969/Emma-Watson-brother-new-Burberry-campaign-together.html. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
Other websites[change | change source]