Highbury & Islington station
Location of Highbury & Islington in Greater London
|Location||Highbury & Islington|
|Local authority||London Borough of Islington|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||7|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations||DLR · Underground · National Rail · Tramlink|
|External links||Departures • Layout|
|Facilities • Buses|
Highbury & Islington station is a National Rail, London Overground and London Underground station, in the London Borough of Islington in North London. It serves the suburbs of Highbury and Islington. The name is often shortened to simply Highbury.
The station is on the Underground's Victoria Line, between Finsbury Park and King's Cross St. Pancras. It is also on the National Rail North London Line and Northern City Line. It is in Travelcard Zone 2.
|Finsbury Park to Highbury & Islington|
In 2010 Highbury & Islington will become the new northern terminus of phase one of the East London Railway extension, which will be operated as part of London Overground.
Islington Council is currently considering redeveloping the site of the current station, and Highbury Corner generally, including possibly covering over the North London Line tracks and building an office block above the site..
Victoria line (London Underground) [change]
Great Northern (First Capital Connect) [change]
North London Line (London Overground) [change]
- Transport for London - Safety boost as London Underground to take control of 11 Silverlink stations - 5 December 2006.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. 2003-2010. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/corporate/modesoftransport/tube/performance/default.asp?onload=entryexit. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- "Station usage". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. 30 April 2010. http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/server/show/nav.1529. Retrieved 17 January 2011. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
Other websites [change]
- A woodcut of the former NLR Highbury Station
- London Transport Museum Photographic Archive
- GN&CR station building, shortly after the Metropolitan Railway's merger into the London Underground, 1933
- Side entrance to GN&CR building on to Highbury Crescent, 1934
- Ticket hall of GN&CR station, 1935
- Combined ticket hall, 1970
- Northern City Line southbound platform, 1975
- Combined ticket hall, 2005
- Entrance to station (note remnant of original NLR building on left), 2005
- Geoffrey Tribe's Railway Photo Halt
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
towards Walthamstow Central
|North London Line||
|Essex Road||First Capital Connect
Northern City Line
|From Early 2011|
East London Line
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Highbury & Islington station|