List of The Simpsons characters
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Simpson family[change | edit source]
- Homer J. Simpson, the father, who is overweight, lazy and works at a nuclear power plant.
- Marge Simpson, the mother, a housewife, who is very tolerant (understanding) of her family.
- Bart Simpson, the 10-year old son, who gets in trouble.
- Lisa Simpson, the 8-year old daughter, who is very smart.
- Maggie Simpson, the baby girl, who can not talk. She talks once and never speaks again. She is always doing mischief.
- "Grandpa" Abe Simpson, the father of Homer Simpson. He lives in an old folk's home.
- Patty and Selma Bouvier, Marge's sisters, whom have rough voices and often smoke cigarettes. Note that in one episode, Patty is revealed to be a lesbian. Selma has been married several times.
- Mona Simpson, the mother of Homer Simpson; wife of Abe Simpson.
- Santa's Little Helper, the family dog, a former racing greyhound.
- Snowballs (I-V) and Coltrane, pet cats. All have died at one point in the series. The current cat is Snowball V (though she is called Snowball II)
Other characters[change | edit source]
Some of the many different characters who appeared on the show include:
- Montgomery Burns, Homer's greedy, evil boss
- Waylon Smithers, Montgomery Burns' assistant
- Moe Szyslak, a grumpy bartender who works at a bar
- Barney Gumble, one of Homer's friends, a gifted alcoholic
- Kent Brockman, a television news journalist
- Mayor Quimby, the corrupt mayor of Springfield
- Lenny Leonard and Carl Carlson, two of Homer's coworkers.
- Krusty The Clown, TV star and host of a popular Children's/Comedy/Variety show who smokes and drinks a lot
- Doctor Hibbert, the Simpsons' family doctor
- Ned Flanders, the Simpsons' religious devout neighbour
- Milhouse Van Houten, Bart's nerdy best friend
- His parents, Kirk and Luann.
- Nelson Muntz, school bully
- Comic Book Guy, comic book store owner
- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, convenience store owner
- Apu and his wife Manjula have eight infant children.
- Seymour Skinner, principal of the school
- Chief Wiggum, chief of police who is not good at his job
- Chief Wiggum's son, Ralph, is a classmate of Lisa.
- Jasper, friend of Grandpa's
- Captain McAllister, sea captain
- Otto Mann, who drives the school bus
- Bumblebee Man, Spanish-speaking TV actor
- Itchy and Scratchy, cartoon cat and mouse who are a different more violent version of Tom and Jerry
- Troy McClure, out of work actor. He was once married to Selma.
- Snake(Jailbird), robber and criminal.
- Old Gil Gunderson, a salesman who has bad luck.
- Sideshow Bob (Robert Terwilliger), was Krusty the Clown's assistant before he was jailed after framing Krusty.
- He was married to Selma once, has tried to kill Bart several times, and has gone to prison.
- Fat Tony, the town's chief gangster who has a group of mobsters, including Legs and Louie, and occasionally Icepick and Johnny Tightlips.
- Sideshow Cecil (Cecil Terwilliger), Sideshow Bob's somewhat evil brother, whom was also once a clown
- Janey, Lisa's best friend
- Ranier Wolfcastle, The Arnold Schwarzenegger-like Hollywood action hero of Springfield who is in a lot of movies in Springfield
- Mr Largo, the Springfield Elementary music teacher
- Bruno, the stereotypical Australian boy telephoned by Bart in the "Simpson's in Australia" episode
- Superintendent Chalmers, The superintendent of all Springfield elementary schools who does not like Principal Skinner
- Agnes Skinner, The mean mother of Principal Skinner
- Mrs. Krabappel and Ms. Hoover, Bart and Lisa's teachers, who both do not want to live or teach because of they do not have relationships
- Groundskeeper Willie, janitor at Springfield Elementary School.
- Cletus, the hillbilly of Springfield, has a wife named Brandine and have about 30 children.
- Hans Moleman, a man who drinks and says he's only 31 years old, while he looks old.
- Sideshow Mel, Krusty's second assistant who replaced Bob after going to prison for trying to frame Krusty for murder. He does not say much on the Krusty show (talks with a whistle) and once tried to get gum out of his hair with a bone ....it just made matters worse.