Nakano (中野区 Nakano-ku) is one of the 23 special wards of Tokyo, Japan.
The municipality calls itself "Nakano City" in English.
- 1889 (Meiji 22): Nakano becomes a village
- 1923 (Taishō 12): Great Kanto earthquake causes big increase in Nakano's population
- 1932 (Shōwa 7): Nakano established as a city
- 1943: (Shōwa 18): Nakano becomes part of Tokyo-to
- 1947: (Shōwa 23): Nakano becomes a special wards
- 1961: (Shōwa 36): Tokyo subway system extends to Nakano
Nakano is a west-central ward. It borders Shibuya on the south. Suginami is on the ward's western border. Nerima is on the northern border. Shinjuku is on the west.
Related pages [change]
Other websites [change]