New York Knickerbockers (baseball)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The New York Knickerbockers were one of the first organized baseball teams who played the baseball rules that are still used today. The team was started by Alexander Cartwright, who is said to be one of the original developers of modern baseball.
- Orem, Preston D. (1961), Baseball (1845-1881) From the Newspaper Accounts, Altadena, CA: Self-published ASIN B0007HTB88
- Peterson, Harold (1969, 1973), The Man Who Invented Baseball, New York: Charles Scribner's Sons ISBN 978-0-684-13185-6
- "History Of Baseball Uniforms In The Major Leagues". interpret.co.za. http://interpret.co.za/art/Recreation-and-Sport/Baseball/history_of_baseball_uniforms_in_the_major_leagues.php. Retrieved 2008-05-05.
Other websites [change]
- "The Knickerbocker Base Ball Club" at Hickoksports.com
- "The History of Baseball – Alexander Cartwright" at About.com