Plymouth Colony (sometimes New Plymouth or The Old Colony) was an English colony in North America from 1620 until 1691. The first settlement was at New Plymouth. The settlement, which served as the capital of the colony, is today the modern town of Plymouth, Massachusetts. At its height, Plymouth Colony occupied most of the southeastern portion of the modern state of Massachusetts. The exact day it was settled was December 25th, 1620
Other pages [change]
- Addison, Albert Christopher (1911). The Romantic Story of the Mayflower Pilgrims. The Plymouth Colony Archive Project. http://etext.virginia.edu/users/deetz/Plymouth/addisontxt.html. Retrieved 2007-04-30.
Other websites [change]
- Timeline of Plymouth Colony
- Colonial America:Plymouth Colony 1620 A short history of Plymouth Colony hosted at U-S-History.com, includes a map of all of the New England colonies.
- The Plymouth Colony Archive Project a collection of primary sources documents and secondary source analysis related to Plymouth Colony.
- Pilgrim ships from 1602 to 1638 Pilgrim ships searchable by ship name, sailing date and passengers.