Staffordshire (abbreviated Staffs) is a county in the West Midlands region of England. The county town is Stafford. Part of the National Forest lies within its borders. It adjoins the counties of Cheshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Worcestershire and Shropshire.
The largest city in ceremonial Staffordshire is Stoke-on-Trent.
Places of interest[change | change source]
|Owned by the National Trust|
|Owned by English Heritage|
|Owned by the Forestry Commission|
|A Country Park|
|An Accessible open space|
|Museum (charges entry fee)|
Other websites[change | change source]
- Staffordshire County Council
- Staffordshire Past Track - Historical archive about the county
- The story of a Staffordshire Home Guard Battalion, 1940-1944
- Staffordshire Photographs
- Staffordshire Tourism website