Tai chi chuan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tai chi chuan (simplified Chinese: 太极拳; traditional Chinese: 太極拳; pinyin: tàijíquán; t'ai4 chi2 ch'üan2), also known as "Supreme Ultimate Fist", is an internal Chinese martial art which is practiced for both its defense training and health benefits.
Related pages[change | change source]
Books[change | change source]
- Davis, Barbara (2004). Taijiquan Classics: An Annotated Translation. North Atlantic Books.
- Eberhard, Wolfram (1986). A Dictionary of Chinese Symbols: Hidden Symbols in Chinese Life and Thought. Routledge & Kegan Paul, London.
- Jou, Tsung-Hwa (1998). Tao of Tai Chi Chuan, 3rd ed. Tuttle.
- Taijiquan Journal. Taijiquan Journal. 2008.
- Wile, Douglas (1983). Tai Chi Touchstones: Yang Family Secret Transmissions. Sweet Ch'i Press.
- Yang, Yang (2008). Taijiquan: The Art of Nurturing, The Science of Power. Zhenwu Publication; 2nd edition.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Tai chi chuan|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Tai chi chuan|
- "Medical Research on T'ai Chi & Qigong (Chi Kung)". World Tai Chi Day. http://www.worldtaichiday.org/WTCQDHlthBenft.html. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
- "Tai Chi Boosts Immunity, Improves Physical Health in Seniors". Acupuncture Today 04 (11). 2003. http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/archives2003/nov/11taichi.html. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
- "Tai Chi: With slow movements as fluid as silk, the gentle Chinese practice of Tai Chi seems tailor-made for easing sore joints and muscles.". Arthritis Today. http://ww2.arthritis.org/resources/arthritistoday/2000_archives/2000_07_08_taichi.asp. Retrieved 2007-07-09.
- "World T'ai Chi & Qigong Day's Headline News". World Tai Chi Day. http://www.worldtaichiday.org/HeadlineNews.html. Retrieved 2007-04-13.
- "Gilman Studio Tai Chi Chuan". http://www.gilmanstudio.com. Retrieved 2014-04-27. Some on-line exercises
- Videos of the major styles
- Yang Zhenduo's Yang style at YouTube
- Wu Yinghua's Wu Jianquan style at YouTube
- Chen Shitong's Chen style at Google Video
- Sun Jianyun's Sun style at Google Video
- Hao Shaoru's Wu/Hao style at Google Video
- 24-form Beijing form at YouTube
- 108-form Yang Tai Chi Chuan at YouTube