|Directed by||Christopher Nolan|
|Produced by||Christopher Nolan
|Music by||David Julyan|
|Editing by||Lee Smith|
|Distributed by||Touchstone Pictures (NA)
Warner Bros. (worldwide)
|Release date(s)||October 20, 2006 (USA)
November 10, 2006 (UK)
|Running time||130 min.|
|Money made||US$109 million|
The Prestige is a 2006 period movie directed by Christopher Nolan. The story follows Robert Angier and Alfred Borden, enemy stage magicians in fin de siècle London. Obsessed with creating the best stage Magic, they take part in a competition with tragic results.
Cast and characters [change]
- Hugh Jackman as Robert Angier, a classy magician with a talent for performance.
- Christian Bale as Alfred Borden, a working-class magician who knows magic.
- Michael Caine as John Cutter, the stage engineer who works for Angier.
- Rebecca Hall as Sarah Borden, Borden's wife.
- Scarlett Johansson as Olivia Wenscombe, Angier's assistant and Borden's lover.
- David Bowie as Nikola Tesla, the inventor (Tesla was a real person) who creates a device for Angier.
- Piper Perabo as Julia McCullough, Angier's wife.
- Andy Serkis as Mr. Alley, Tesla's assistant.
- Ricky Jay as "Milton the Magician", an older magician Borden and Angier work for at the beginning of the story.
Other websites [change]
- Official Website
- The Prestige at the Internet Movie Database
- The Prestige at Rotten Tomatoes
- Writer Christopher Priest's website
The Grudge 2
|Box office number-one films of 2006 (USA)
October 22, 2006