Tropical Storm Beryl
|Tropical storm (SSHS)|
|Tropical Storm Beryl near the coast of northeastern Florida|
|Formed||May 26, 2012|
|Dissipated||May 30, 2012|
|Highest winds||1-minute sustained:
70 mph (110 km/h)
|Lowest pressure||992 mbar (hPa); 29.29 inHg|
|Areas affected||Cuba, The Bahamas, Southeastern United States|
|Part of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season|
Tropical Storm Beryl was a strong Atlantic tropical storm. It was the second tropical cyclone of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season. Beryl formed on May 26 from a low-pressure system. This system was near the East Coast of the United States. It was described as a subtropical storm. However, it slowly became stronger and was upgraded to a tropical storm on May 27. It upgraded because it moved to warmer water. Beryl is responsible for floods in Cuba. This caused a mudslide that left two people missing. Beryl caused rough surf to beaches in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. In South Carolina, one person was reported missing.
References[change | change source]
- Richard Pasch (2012-05-23) Special Tropical Weather Outlook , National Hurricane Center. Report. Retrieved on 2012-05-25.
- Todd Kimberlain (2012-05-26) Subtropical Storm Beryl Discussion One . National Hurricane Center. Report. Retrieved on 2012-05-26.
- Daniel Brown (2012-05-27) Subtropical Storm Beryl Discussion Seven . National Hurricane Center. Report. Retrieved on 2012-05-27.
- Jack Beven (2012-05-27) Subtropical Storm Beryl Discussion Five . National Hurricane Center. Report. Retrieved on 2012-05-27.
- Mike Formosa (2012-05-26). "Tropical Weather Discussion". National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. National Hurricane Center. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/text/TWDAT/2012/TWDAT.201205260004.txt. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Hurricane Bud roars toward Mexican coast". Associated Press. Fox News. May 25, 2012. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/05/25/hurricane-warning-issued-for-mexico-ahead-bud/. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- "Crews seek swimmer in rough SC surf". Associated Press. WISTV10. 2012-05-27. http://www.wistv.com/story/18635335/crews-seek-swimmer-in-rough-sc-surf. Retrieved 2012-05-27.