Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1030s 1040s 1050s – 1060s – 1070s 1080s 1090s|
|Years:||1058 1059 1060 – 1061 – 1062 1063 1064|
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Europe[change | change source]
- January – Robert de Grantmesnil, his nephew Berengar, half-sister Judith (future wife of Roger I of Sicily), and eleven monks of Saint-Evroul-sur-Ouche are forced to leave Normandy and head to the Mezzogiorno.
- October 1 – Pope Alexander II replaces Pope Nicholas II as the 156th pope.
- The Normans take over Messina in Sicily.
- Construction of the Speyer Cathedral in Speyer, Germany, begins.
- Vratislav II becomes duke of Bohemia.
- Most of West Frisia (later part of the county of Holland) is taken over by imperial German armies and given to the Bishop of Utrecht.
- Estonians destroy the castle of Yuryev in Tartu and carry out raids in the Pskov region in Russia.
Africa[change | change source]