|Centuries:||1st century – 2nd century – 3rd century|
|Decades:||120s 130s 140s – 150s – 160s 170s 180s|
|Years:||147 148 149 – 150 – 151 152 153|
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Europe[change | change source]
- The Roman town Forum Hadriani gets the title of "the town of the Cananefates". The town is allowed to have markets.
- The Germans of the east move south, into the Carpathians and Black Sea area.
- The Albani appear in the Roman province of Macedon.
Asia[change | change source]
- First and only year of Heping of the Chinese Han Dynasty.
Americas[change | change source]
- The Middle Culture period of Mayan civilization ends (approximate date).
- The Great Pyramid of the Sun is built in Teotihuacan. It is the tallest pre-Columbian building in the Americas.
By topic[change | change source]
Religion[change | change source]
- Marcion of Sinope makes his bible canon. It has versions of the Gospel of Luke and ten Pauline letters (approximate date).
Arts and sciences[change | change source]
- The earliest atlas (Ptolemy's Geography) is made (approximate date).
- Completion of Ptolemy's monumental work Almagest. The geocentric cosmology is followed for 1,400 years.
- Antoninus Liberalis writes a work on mythology (approximate date).
- Paper, made in China, arrives in Transoxiana.
Births[change | change source]
- Monoimus, Arab gnostic (approximate date)
- Nagarjuna, founder of Mahayana "Great Vehicle" (approximate date)
- Zhang Zhongjing, Chinese physician (d. 219)
- Yufuluo (d. 196)