From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||15th century – 16th century – 17th century|
|Decades:||1490s 1500s 1510s – 1520s – 1530s 1540s 1550s|
|Years:||1525 1526 1527 – 1528 – 1529 1530 1531|
Events[change | change source]
- June 19 – Battle of Landriano – A French army in Italy under Marshal St. Pol is decisively defeated.
- November 6 – Shipwrecked Spanish conquistador Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca becomes the first known European to set foot on Texas.
- Andrea Doria revolts against the French and establishes the independence of Genoa.
- Montenegro gains autonomy under Turk power.
- Maya people drive Spanish Conquistadors out of Yucatán.
- Spain takes direct control of Acapulco.
- Bubonic plague breaks out in England.
- Fourth major outbreak of the sweating sickness in England. This time the disease also spreads to northern Europe
- St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle completed.
- Chateau Fontainebleau in France begun.
- Cardinal Wolsey founds a college at Ipswich.
- Michelangelo (Michelangelo Buonarroti) begins work on fortifications of Florence.
- Baldassare Castiglione publishes The Book of the Courtier.