|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2030s 2040s 2050s – 2060s – 2070s 2080s 2090s|
|Years:||2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069|
The 2060s is the decade that will begin on January 1, 2060 and end on December 31, 2069. It is distinct from the decade known as the 207th decade, which will begin on January 1, 2061 and end on December 31, 2070.
Notable predictions and known events[change | change source]
- In 2060, one-third of all the energy in the world is predicted to be solar.
- In 2061, Halley's Comet will get as close as it can to the Sun. This is known as a perihelion, and it last happened in 1986.
Events in fiction[change | change source]
- The television anime show Real Drive takes place in this decade.
- The book The Giver takes place in 2065.
References[change | change source]
- "One Third of World's Energy Could Be Solar by 2060, Predicts Historically Conservative IEA". Archived from the original on 2014-05-25. Retrieved 2012-07-01.