Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2020s 2030s 2040s – 2050s – 2060s 2070s 2080s|
|Years:||2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059|
The 2050s decade will begin on January 1, 2050 and will end on December 31, 2059.
Notable predictions and known events[change | change source]
- World population is expected to reach 9.3 billion people.
- China, United States, India, Brazil and Mexico will be the largest economies in the world, according to a Goldman Sachs study.
Fictional events[change | change source]
- The Dexter's Laboratory movie, Ego Trip, has some scenes that take place in 2055.
- The movie Minority Report takes place in 2054.
- The movie Renaissance takes place in Paris in 2054.
- The movie Red Planet takes place in 2057.
- The movie Lost In Space begins in 2058.
- John Christopher's novel The Guardians takes place during the years 2052 and 2053.
- J.D. Robb's In Death mystery series takes place during the years 2058–59.
- The computer game Deus Ex takes place in 2052.
- The short story A Sound of Thunder takes place in 2055.
- According to the movie Star Trek: First Contact, World War III will end in 2053.
- The Disney movie Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century takes place in the late 2040s. The second movie Zenon: The Zequel takes place in 2051, two years after the first movie, and the 3rd movie in the series, Zenon: Z3 takes place in 2054.
- The racing video game Wipeout takes place in the year 2052.
- The movie Love Story 2050 takes place in 2050.
- The anime Macross Frontier takes place in 2059.
- The Waters of Mars episode of Doctor Who takes place in 2059.
- The movie Repo! The Genetic Opera takes place in 2057.
References[change | change source]
- "World population to reach 9.1 billion in 2050, UN projects". UN News Center. 24 February 2005.
- Wilson, Dominic (March 28, 2007). "The N-11: More Than an Acronym". Archived August 10, 2011, at the Wayback Machine