|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029|
The 2020s (pronounced "twenty-twenties") is the current decade that began on January 1, 2020 and will end on December 31, 2029. The COVID-19 pandemic is a disease spreading in 2020. Over 6 million people have been infected. Most countries do not allow people to go to work, school, or other events, because that would spread the disease. It also caused the coronavirus recession.
Events[change | change source]
Things supposed to happen[change | change source]
- In 2004, the President of the United States George W. Bush said that people would try to fly to Mars some time in this decade[source?]
- The 2020 Summer Olympics will happen in 2021 instead. They were moved a year later because of the COVID-19 pandemic
- In 2027, the autopsy (study of a dead body to find out how that person died) of Elvis Presley will be published.
References[change | change source]
- "European Parliament approves Brexit agreement". BBC News. January 29, 2020. Archived from the original on January 29, 2020. Retrieved May 11, 2020.
- "Tokyo Olympics postponed to 2021 due to coronavirus pandemic". The Guardian. March 24, 2020. Archived from the original on March 24, 2020. Retrieved May 11, 2020.
- Mejia, Paula (January 8, 2015). "On His 80th Birthday, Revisiting the Conspiracies That Have Kept Elvis Presley Alive". Newsweek. Retrieved May 11, 2020.