Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2020 2021 2022 – 2023 – 2024 2025 2026|
Predicted and scheduled events[change | change source]
Date unknown[change | change source]
- SpaceX will send Yusaku Maezawa and his friends to the Moon.
- OSIRIS-REx is expected to return with samples from the Asteroid Bennu in the Apollo group.
- Kanal İstanbul will be finished.
- London's new £4.1 billion "super sewer" will be finished, upgrading the existing Victorian infrastructure.
- The Compact of Free Association between the United States and the Federated States of Micronesia and the Marshall Islands expires.
- According to words of Turkey's president (formerly a prime minister) Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, if the countries of the European Union will not accept Turkey as a member before the year 2023, Turkey would no longer be a candidate to the union.
In fiction[change | change source]
- Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball (1991)
- Perfect Dark (2000)
- Crysis 2 (2011) The events of this game are set in a post-apocalypse New York City in warfare with aliens.
- Five Nights at Freddy's 3 (2015)
- Gunbuster (1988)
- Click (2006): Michael Newman uses his remote control and is unwillingly sent to 2023, among other years.
- Doomsday (2008): briefly mentions the extension of the Thames Barrier due to torrential floods in 2023
- 2023 (2009) Norwegian shortfilm.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014): In the Future, Sentinels have been created to hunt down Mutants. They eventually begin targeting Humans with a strong possibility to have mutant children and humans who help the mutants. A majority of the world's population has been killed. From here, the X-Men project Wolverine back to 1973 to prevent Sentinels from ever being created, saving all of mankind in the process.
- The Purge: Anarchy (2014): The events of the movie take place a year after the 2022 Purge.
- Quarantine (The Twilight Zone) (1986): Matthew Forman is put into cold sleep on June 18, 2023, in the hopes that his inoperable cancer can be cured in the future.
- Silent Mobius (1991)
- Batman Beyond (1999): Terry McGinnis to be born on August 18th 2023.
- Burn Up Scramble (2004)
- In episode 3 of season 2 of The Last Man on Earth it is revealed at Gordon's funeral, that the show is set in 2023.
- The novels The Carnival of Immortals (1980), The Woman Trap (1986) and * Equator Cold (1992) by Enki Bilal are set in 2023.
- The novel Killing Time (2000) by Caleb Carr.
- The novel The Free Lunch (2001) by Spider Robinson
- The Disney Channel sitcom Good Luck Charlie featured an episode, "Future Drama" 10 years into the future (2023).
References[change | change source]
- "Argentina elected host country of Specialised Expo 2023". Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- "OSIRIS-REx Factsheet" (PDF). NASA/Explorers and Heliophysics Projects Division. August 2011.
- "Better roads, rail travel and new river crossings in spending boost for London | Politics | News | London Evening Standard". Thisislondon.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
-  Archived July 14, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
-  Archived December 7, 2008, at the Wayback Machine