Turner performing in 1996
|Birth name||Anna Mae Bullock|
|Also known as||Tina Turner|
|Born||November 26, 1939
Nutbush, Tennessee, United States
|Genres||R&B, soul, rock 'n' roll, pop, rock, dance|
|Occupations||Singer, songwriter, dancer, actress|
|Labels||Capitol, EMI, Parlophone, Virgin|
|Associated acts||Ike & Tina Turner, Bryan Adams|
Tina Turner (born Anna Mae Bullock, November 26, 1939) is an American singer, dancer and entertainer. Her success, dominance, popularity and consistent contributions to the rock music genre got her the title, "The Queen of Rock & Roll". She is known worldwide for her overpowering and energetic stage presence, powerful vocals, ground-breaking concerts as well as for her long, well-proportioned legs that are considered the most famous in show business. She was listed on Rolling Stone's list The Immortals – The Greatest Artists of All Time. Turner is a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, and she is also represented in the Grammy Hall of Fame by two of her recordings: "River Deep - Mountain High" (1999) and "Proud Mary" (2003). Turner has won eight Grammy Awards. She is a Buddhist.
References[change | change source]
- Rafferty, Terrence (2008-07-27). "Tina Turner: Queen of Rock 'n' Roll". New York Times. http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/50095/Tina-Turner-Queen-of-Rock-n-Roll/overview. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- Wolman, Baron. "Gallery of The Popular Image". San Francisco Art Exchange. http://www.sfae.com/index.php?action=gallery&status=show_product&ID=549&PHPSESSID=e167966844d1d18c37. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "Tina Turner: Queen of Rock 'n' Roll (1984)". New York Times. http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/50095/Tina-Turner-Queen-of-Rock-n-Roll/overview. Retrieved 2208-09-03.
- "Tina Turner on Stage". San Francisco Art Exchange. http://www.sfae.com/index.php?action=gallery&status=show_product&ID=549&PHPSESSID=e167966844d1d18c37. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- http://tinaturner-fanclub.com/ Tina Turner International fanclub: Biography
- "President Welcomes Kennedy Center Honorees to the White House". Whitehouse.gov. 2005-12-04. http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2005/12/20051204.html. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "Ike and Tina Turner". Rockhall.com. http://www.rockhall.com/inductee/ike-and-tina-turner. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Grammy Hall of Fame Award:Past Recipients". The Recording Academy. http://www.grammy.com/Recording_Academy/Awards/Hall_of_Fame/#p. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- "Amway Global to be Presenting Sponsor of 'Tina Turner Live in Concert' 2008". Reuters.com. 2008-07-10. http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS169798+10-Jul-2008+PRN20080710. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Nichiren Buddhism