Gina Lollobrigida in the 1960s
4 July 1927
Subiaco, Kingdom of Italy
|Occupation||Actress, photojournalist, sculptor|
|Spouse(s)||Milko Skofic (1947–71, divorced)|
Gina Lollobrigida is an Italian actress. She was very popular in the 1950s and 1960s. She mostly acted in Italian movies. She received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Italian American Foundation in 2008.
In the mid-1980s, she starred in the television series Falcon Crest. The role was first offered to Sophia Loren, who turned it down. A rivalry with Loren was often reported in the press. Lollobrigida said in a 2015 interview that "Loren and her press agent started this 'rivalry'" and that Lollobrigida was bored of it.
Awards and nominations[change | change source]
Lollobrigida has won three David di Donatello, two Nastro d'Argento, and six Bambi Awards; she was nominated three times for the Golden Globe and won one in 1961 as World Film Favourite – Female; she was nominated once for a BAFTA.
References[change | change source]
- Donadia, Rachel (24 October 2008). "Lifetime Honors Arrive as Life Goes On". New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/26/movies/26dona.html. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Questions for WILLIAM SCHMIDT". falconcrest.org. 1 March 2006. http://www.falconcrest.org/english/show/interviews/crew/schmidt-2006.pdf. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- Pukas, Anna (20 September 2014). "Loren and Bardot at 80: A look at the two most beautiful women of their era". http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/513150/Look-at-Loren-and-Bardot-most-beautiful-women. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- Reginato, James (26 January 2015). "Gina Lollobrigida Breaks The Silence on Her Outrageous Tabloid Scandals". Vanity Fair.
- Demarco, Anthony (15 May 2013). "Gina Lollobrigida's jewels sell for nearly 5m; includes auction record for natural pearl ear pendants". Forbes Magazine. http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonydemarco/2013/05/15/gina-lollobrigidas-jewels-sell-for-nearly-5m-includes-auction-record-for-natural-pearl-ear-pendants/. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- Pfeiffer, Lee (November 29, 2011). Cinema Sex Sirens. Omnibus Press. ISBN 978-0-85712-725-9.
- "Gina Lollobrigida". Food and Agriculture Organization. http://www.fao.org/getinvolved/ambassadors/ambassadors/ambassadors-ginalollobrigida/en/. Retrieved 03 November 2013.