|United States Senator|
Assumed office |
November 4, 1992
Serving with Kamala Harris
|Preceded by||John F. Seymour|
|38th Mayor of San Francisco|
December 4, 1988 – January 7, 1988
|Preceded by||George Moscone|
|Succeeded by||Art Agnos|
June 22, 1933|
San Francisco, California, U.S.
Dianne Feinstein, born Dianne Emiel Goldman, (born June 22, 1933) is the senior United States Senator from California. She is a member of the U.S. Democratic Party and has been in Senate since November 4, 1992. She was also the 38th Mayor in San Francisco from 1978 to 1988.
Early life[change | change source]
She was born in San Francisco, California. Feinstein is of Polish-German-Russian-Jewish descent.
References[change | change source]
- "Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.)". rollcall.com. March 24, 2013.
- Carolyn Lochhead (October 22, 2012). "Dianne Feinstein: 4 decades of influence". sfgate.com.
- "Feinstein plays key role". San Diego Union-Tribune. Copley News Service. January 21, 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-22.
- Associated Press and Agence France-Presse (January 21, 2009). "Millions witness moment". The Straits Times. (Singapore). Retrieved 2009-01-20.
- Great Jewish Women. Robert and Elinor Slater. Jonathan David Publishers - Middle Village, New York. 2004