24 (TV series)
|Genre||Action, drama, thriller|
|Created by||Joel Surnow|
Mary Lynn Rajskub
Penny Johnson Jerald
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||9|
|No. of episodes||204|
|Running time||approx. 43 minutes|
|Picture format||NTSC 480i (SDTV)|
PAL 576i (SDTV)
720p (HDTV) FOX HD
1080i (HDTV) SKY HD
|Original release||November 6, 2001 –|
July 14, 2014
24 is an Emmy and Golden Globe winning American television series broadcast by Fox Network in the US and shown worldwide. The show first came on TV on November 6, 2001, airing eight seasons of 24 episodes each until May 24, 2010. The show returned on May 5, 2014 for a 12 episode miniseries called Live Another Day that aired until July 14, 2014. The first six seasons were all focused the fictional Los Angeles branch of the Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU). The seventh season focused on the Washington, D.C. branch of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The eighth season focused on the fictional New York City branch of CTU. Live Another Day focused on the London station of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
24 is shown in real time, with each season depicting a 24-hour period in the life of Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), who works with the government as it fights threats to the country. Live Another Day, however, mainly depicted a 12-hour period over its 12 episodes, but ended the final episode with a 12-hour time jump to finish the 24 hour cycle. Bauer is often in the field for each season's main government agency as they try to protect America from terrorists. The show also follows the actions of other agents, government officials and terrorists associated with the plot. The first six seasons of the show were all based in Los Angeles and nearby locations — both real and fictional — in California, although sometimes other locations have been used as well. Some of the fourth and sixth seasons, and all of the seventh season, were in Washington, D.C.. The eighth and final season of the original series was in New York City. Live Another Day was set in London. Legacy was set in Atlanta.
Cast[change | change source]
- Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
- Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian
- Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida
- Dennis Haysbert as David Palmer
- Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer
- Kim Raver as Audrey Raines
- James Morrison as Bill Buchanan
- Reiko Aylesworth as Michelle Dessler
- D.B. Woodside as Wayne Palmer
- Penny Johnson Jerald as Sherry Palmer
- Roger Cross as Curtis Manning
- Gregory Itzin as Charles Logan
References[change | change source]
- "IGN: 24: The Dead Rise". au.tv.ign.com. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- EW (2009-04-14). "24 goes to New York". Archived from the original on 2009-04-20. Retrieved 2009-04-20.
- "'24' to end after current season". Retrieved 2010-03-26.[permanent dead link]
- Ausiello, Michael (October 3, 2013). "24: Live Another Day to Shoot in London". TVLine. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
Other websites[change | change source]