Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||5th century – 6th century – 7th century|
|Decades:||500s 510s 520s – 530s – 540s 550s 560s|
|Years:||530 531 532 – 533 – 534 535 536|
Events[change | change source]
- January 2 – John II becomes Pope, succeeding Pope Boniface II, who had died in 532.
- Belisarius, a general in the service of Justinian I, lands in North Africa and attacks the Vandals.
- September 13 – Battle of Ad Decimium: Belisarius defeats the Vandals under Gelimer. Gelimer, forced to flee, leaves Carthage unprotected.
- December 15 – The Battle of Ticameron begins.
- December – Battle of Ticameron: Belisarius defeats a new Vandal force under Gelimer and Tzazo. Tzazo is killed in an all-cavalry fight, and Gelimer flees to the mountains of Numidia.
- December 16 – The Digesta or Pandectae, a collection of jurist writings and other sources, is completed (see Corpus Juris Civilis).
- Theodebert I becomes king of Austrasia.