ARIA Hall of Fame
|ARIA Hall of Fame|
2008 ARIA Hall of Fame, 1 July, Melbourne Town Hall
|Awarded for||To honour the growing number of legendary performers, producers, songwriters and others who have had an impact on music culture in Australia.|
|Presented by||Australian Recording Industry Association|
Since 1988 the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) has inducted artists into its ARIA Hall of Fame.
List of inductees[change | change source]
Repeat inductees[change | change source]
Seven artists have been inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame under more than one role:
- Harry Vanda and George Young of Vanda & Young as songwriters and producers in 1987, as members of The Easybeats in 2005.
- Ross Wilson as a solo artist in 1989, as a member of Daddy Cool in 2006.
- Glen Shorrock as a solo artist in 1991, as a member of Little River Band in 2004.
- Jimmy Barnes as a member of Cold Chisel in 1993, as a solo artist in 2005.
- Gary Young as a member of Daddy Cool in 2006, as a member of Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons in 2007.
- Richard Grossman as a member of Divinyls in 2006, as a member of Hoodoo Gurus in 2007.
References[change | change source]
- "ARIA 2008 Hall of Fame inductees listing". Australian Recording Industry Association. Archived from the original on 2008-06-15. Retrieved 2008-06-05.
- "Winners by Award: Hall of Fame". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 2008-05-24.
- Cooper, Mex (1 July 2014). "Rolf Harris's ARIA Hall of Fame induction rescinded". The Sydney Morning Herald (Fairfax Media). http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/rolf-harris-stripped-of-his-aria-hall-of-fame-induction-20140701-zss4t.html. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- Collins, Simon (19 July 2009). "Love is in the Air at the ARIA Hall of Fame". The West Australian (West Australian Newspapers Limited). http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=156255. Retrieved 19 July 2009.[dead link]
- "ARIA 2009 Hall of Fame announcement of inductees" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). 17 July 2009. Retrieved 23 July 2009.
- Quinn, Karl (31 October 2011). "Wiggles, Kylie to Be Inducted into ARIA's Hall of Fame". The Sydney Morning Herald (Fairfax Media). http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/wiggles-kylie-to-be-inducted-into-arias-hall-of-fame-20111031-1mr7r.html. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- In July 2014 ARIA announced that Rolf Harris' Hall of Fame award was withdrawn after he was convicted on 12 counts of indecent assault.