Aargau (info • help) (German: Aargau, French: Argovie, Italian: Argovia, Romansh: Argovia; anglicized Argovia) is one of the more northerly cantons of Switzerland. It is near the lower course of the river Aare, which is why the canton is called Aargau (meaning Aare district). The cantons of Basel Landschaft, Solothurn and Bern lie to the west. Lucerne is to the south Zug and Zürich are to the east. To the north is Germany. About 580.000 people live in the canton. Its capital is Aarau.
Districts[change | change source]
Aargau is divided into 11 districts:
- Aarau with capital Aarau.
- Baden with capital Baden.
- Bremgarten with capital Bremgarten.
- Brugg with capital Brugg.
- Kulm with capital Unterkulm.
- Laufenburg with capital Laufenburg, Switzerland.
- Lenzburg with capital Lenzburg.
- Muri with capital Muri.
- Rheinfelden with capital Rheinfelden.
- Zofingen with capital Zofingen.
- Zurzach with capital Zurzach.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Aargau|