|Born||8 April 1987|
|Died||18 November 2015 (aged 28)|
|Cause of death||Ballistic trauma|
|Other names||Abdel-Hamid Abu Oud|
Abdelhamid Abaaoud (8 April 1987 – 18 November 2015) was a Belgian Islamic terrorist. He Spent His Early year in a nicer household, Went To a Private College And decided to join ISIS After his family advised against his decision. After which His Family disowned him stating that they hope That He was dead .He was suspected of having organized multiple terror attacks in Belgium and France, including the November 2015 Paris attacks. He also went by the names Abou Omar Soussi (Arabic: أبو عمر السوسي, meaning "from Sous", his Moroccan family's place of origin) and Abou Omar el-Beljiki (Arabic: أبو عمر البلجيكي, meaning Abou Omar the Belgian).
On 18 November French authorities conducted a raid which ended in the injury of five police officers, two deaths and five arrests. The raid took place in the suburb of Saint-Denis, near Paris, and targeted Abaaoud. Abaaoud was one of those who died in the raid.
References[change | change source]
- "Suspected Mastermind Of Paris Attacks Named". Sky News. 16 November 2015. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "Abaaoud - Profile of man behind Paris attacks 13:57, UK, Wednesday 18 November 2015".
- "Paris attacks: Abdelhamid Abaaoud, mastermind of Friday's attack, targeted in major police raid in St Denis - latest news - Telegraph". Telegraph.co.uk. 18 November 2015.
- Brethes, Sara (17 November 2015). "Female suicide bomber and another jihadist killed in Paris assault". AFP. London. Retrieved 18 November 2015. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- French Prosecutor Says Terrorist Abdel Hamid Abaaoud Is Dead