Ahmedabad is a big city in West India. It is the largest city in the Indian state of Gujarat and the seventh-largest city in India. Its population (amount of people living in it) is almost 5.1 million (5,100,000). The river Sabarmati goes through it. Ahmedabad has a famous industry for textiles (clothes), which is why it is also called "the Manchester of the East."
References[change | edit source]
- "India: metropolitan areas". World Gazetteer. Archived from the original on 2012-12-04. http://archive.is/OkK6. Retrieved 2006-03-04.
- A. Srivathsan (2006-06-23). "Manchester of the east". Young World (The Hindu). http://www.hindu.com/yw/2006/06/23/stories/2006062300300200.htm. Retrieved 2006-07-30.
Other websites[change | edit source]
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: Ahmedabad.|
- Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation
- Ahemdabad Collectorate
- Ahmedabad at Wikimapia
- Sabarmati Riverfront Development Project
- Real Estate in Ahmedabad — An Emerging Megapolis