Alperton tube station
|Local authority||London Borough of Brent|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
Service changes from District Line to Piccadilly Line
Alperton is a London Underground station on the Uxbridge branch of the Piccadilly Line. The station is between Sudbury Town and Park Royal. It is on Ealing Road (A4089 road) a short distance from the junction with Bridgewater Road (A4005) and is close to Alperton Bus Garage and the Paddington branch of the Grand Union Canal. The station is in Travelcard Zone 4.
Services[change | change source]
The typical off-peak service is a train in each direction every ten minutes. Half of northbound trains terminate at Rayners Lane and the other half continue to the terminus of the line at Uxbridge.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures (2007–2017)". London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. January 2018. Archived from the original (XLSX) on 31 July 2018. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- Butt, R.V.J. (October 1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.
Other websites[change | change source]
- London's Transport Museum Photographic Archive Archived 2012-02-14 at the Wayback Machine
- Alperton station, 1916
- Ticket office, 1927
- New station, 1933
- Ticket hall, 1933. Showing structure of reinforced concrete roof
- View of platforms and shelter, 1958
- Alperton Station, 2001. With appearance marred by rooftop safety barriers
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
towards Rayners Lane or Uxbridge