11 October 1942
Allahabad, United Provinces, British India (present-day Uttar Pradesh, India)
|Other names||Angry Young Man, Shahenshah of Bollywood, Star of the Millennium, and Big B|
|Alma mater||Sherwood College, Nainital|
Kirori Mal College, Delhi University
|Occupation||Actor, producer, singer, television presenter|
Jaya Bhaduri (m. 1973)
|Children||Shweta Bachchan Nanda, Abhishek Bachchan|
|Parent(s)||Harivansh Rai Bachchan (father) |
Teji Bachchan (mother)
|Relatives||See Bachchan family|
|Awards||Padma Vibhushan 2015|
Padma Bhushan 2001
Padma Shri 1984
Amitabh Harivansh Bachchan is an Indian movie actor. He has been in over 200 Indian movies in more than forty years. Bachchan is widely thought of as one of the greatest and most influential actors in the history of Indian cinema.
Bachchan has won many major awards in his career. His awards include three National Film Awards as Best Actor and fourteen Filmfare Awards.
Bachchan made his Hollywood debut in 2013 with The Great Gatsby.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ James, Anu (25 February 2015). "Amitabh Bachchan, Kamal Haasan, Katrina Kaif and Other Bollywood Celebs Who Changed Their Names [PHOTOS]". International Business Times, India Edition.
- ↑ "Alumni meet at Kirori Mal College". The Times of India. 26 February 2010.
- ↑ "Amitabh Bachchan: A Life in Pictures". Bafta.org. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- ↑ "Film legend promotes Bollywood". BBC News. 23 April 2002. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- ↑ greatest actors, bollywood's alltime. "bollywood's alltime greatest actors". boxofficenews. Archived from the original on 4 January 2013. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- ↑ Wajihuddin, Mohammed (2 December 2005). "Egypt's Amitabh Bachchan mania". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 1 May 2013. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- ↑ "The Great Gatsby (2013)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
Further reading[change | change source]
- Mazumdar, Ranjani. Bombay Cinema: An Archive of the City. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2007 ISBN 978-0-8166-4942-6
- Bhawana Somaaya (1 February 1999). Amitabh Bachchan: The Legend. Macmillan India Limited. ISBN 978-0-333-93355-8.
- Bhawana Somaaya (2009). Bachchanalia: The Films and Memorabilia of Amitabh Bachchan. Osian's-Connoisseurs of Art. ISBN 978-81-8174-027-4.
- Roy, S. (2006). "An Exploratory Study in Celebrity Endorsements". Journal of Creative Communications. 1 (2): 139–153. doi:10.1177/097325860600100201. ISSN 0973-2586. S2CID 144054858.
Other websites[change | change source]