|Born||April 14, 1975|
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
|Lives in||San Francisco, California|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Billed from||Atlanta, Georgia|
Sanford, North Carolina
|Trained by||Dory Funk, Jr.|
|Retired||November 26 2006|
Amy Christine Dumas (born April 14, 1975) better known by her ring name Lita, is an American former World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) wrestler and valet. While working with WWE from 2000–2006, she became one of the most popular female wrestlers in the company's history.
After working for a short time on the independent circuit and in Extreme Championship Wrestling, Dumas began working with the World Wrestling Federation in 1999. Originally, she was paired with Essa Rios. She became more well know when she teamed up with Matt and Jeff Hardy as Team Xtreme. During her career, she won the WWE Women's Championship four times.
Dumas had an off-screen relationship with Matt Hardy. It ended in 2005 after her affair with Adam Copeland. WWE used the problems between them as part of a story during 2005 and 2006. The affair was part of the reason Hardy was fired in 2005, but he was rehired later in the year. As a result of her personal life, Dumas' character Lita began to be "booed" for the first time by the fans during this time.
After she stopped wrestling in 2006, she became the lead singer of punk rock band The Luchagors. The band released their self-titled CD, The Luchagors on September 11, 2007. She will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2014.
References[change | change source]
- "Lita's Bio". SLAM! Wrestling. March 2, 2005. Retrieved 2007-10-18.
- Stephen Laroche (February 14, 2001). "Lita riding wave of popularity". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-10-18.
- "Lita's Alumni Profile". WWE.com. Retrieved 2007-06-07.
- Nicholas Sammond (2005). Steel Chair to the Head: The Pleasure and Pain of Professional Wrestling. Duke University Press. p. 174. ISBN 08223-3438-0.
- "2014 WWE Hall of Fame Inductee: Lita: Raw, Feb. 10, 2014". WWE. Retrieved 2014-03-26.