The Asiatic Lion (Panthera leo persica) is a subspecies of the lion. It survives today only in India, where it is also known as the Indian lion. They once ranged from the Mediterranean to India, covering most of Southwest Asia, and hence it is also known as the Persian lion. The Asiatic lion has a cinnamon colour coat. It was the state animal of Junagadh State.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Asiatic Lion Information Centre (Includes an informative "News" section)
- Asiatic Lion Protection Society (ALPS), Gujarat, India
- Panthera leo (lion) from “Animal Diversity Web”
- "Vanishing Herds Foundation (VHF), India" comes to the rescue of Asiatic Lion
- Asiatic lions in online video (3 videos)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Panthera leo persica.|