|Writer(s)||Corey May, Dooma Wendschuh|
Havok (Physics Engine)
|Version||1.02 (PC, May 13, 2008)
1.10 (PS3, November 30, 2007)
1.1 (X360, December 20, 2007)
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows|
|Release date(s)||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
|Genre(s)||Third person Action-adventure, Sandbox|
|Media||Optical disc, Download|
Assassin's Creed is an award-winning historical third person, stealth action-adventure video game developed by Ubisoft for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles. It was released in November 2007. A PC version of the game was released in 2008.
The game started a franchise of graphic novels, comics, apparel as well as sequel games including Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and more. The newest ones are Assassin's Creed: Unity and Assassin's Creed: Rogue, which were both release on November 11, 2014.
Story summary[change | change source]
The story is about a bartender, Desmond Miles, who is kidnapped and placed in a machine, called an "Animus" (plural "Animi"), which reads genetic memories and puts them on a screen in 3D. Desmond is forced against his will to relive the memories of his ancestor Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad (first name pronounced Al-ti-ear) who lived in during the Third Crusade. The player must play as Altaïr as he attempts to regain his status as a Master Assassin in the Assassin Order by taking nine Templar lives. The Templars being the mortal enemy of the Assassins who are wanting to control man's thoughts and actions to create peace. The Assassin's want to preserve freewill, they kill people who oppress their people to control them. While in modern times the player, as Desmond, must discover who Abstergo Industries (the company who kidnapped him) is, and what they do. The story focuses on finding a object called the "Piece of Eden" which can control other people supernaturally.
References[change | change source]
- Ubisoft – Assassin's Creed
- "Launch date announced". IGN. http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/35048/Jades-Ass-Has-Gone-Gold. Retrieved October 25, 2007.
- "Assassin's Creed game detail page at Xbox.com". http://www.xbox.com/en-au/games/a/assassinscreed/. Retrieved 2008-04-04.
- "Assassin's Creed official site". Ubisoft. http://www.assassinscreed.com/.
- "Unofficial PC ship dates on GameSpot". GameSpot. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/assassinscreed/similar.html?mode=versions&om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;versions. Retrieved February 26, 2008.
- "Assassin's Creed". EB Games Australia. http://www.ebgames.com.au/PC/product.cfm?ID=7546. Retrieved 2008-04-04.
- "Assassin's Creed". EB Games New Zealand. http://www.ebgames.co.nz/PC/product.cfm?ID=7546. Retrieved 2008-04-04.
- "Assassin's Creed". GAME. http://www.game.com.au/viewtitle?code=ASSCREEPC. Retrieved 2008-04-04.
- Ubisoft – Assassin's Creed