|Coordinates: 28°21′50″N 79°24′54″E / 28.364°N 79.415°ECoordinates: 28°21′50″N 79°24′54″E / 28.364°N 79.415°E|
|• MP||Santosh Gangwar (Union Minister)|
|• MLA||Arun Kumar (city) |
Rajesh Agarwal (cantt) * Finance minister in U.P. government
|• Mayor||Umesh Gautam (Bharatiya Janta Party|
|• Total||300 km2 (100 sq mi)|
|Elevation||268 m (879 ft)|
|• Density||3,000/km2 (7,800/sq mi)|
|• Sex ratio||895 ♀/1,000 ♂|
|• Additional official||Urdu|
Bareilly (Hindi: बरेली) is a city in Bareilly district, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is the capital of Bareilly division. In 2015 Bareilly is selected one of the smartest cities of India.
According to 2011 Census of India, the population of the city is 904,797 out of 477,515 are males and 427,282 are females.
Notable people[change | change source]
- Anuj Tiwari – Author
- Clayton Robson – Cricketer
- Kanan Gill – Actor, comedian
- Kavita Seth – Playback singer
- Kritika Kamra - Actress
- Paras Arora – Actor
- Priyanka Chopra – Actress
- Priyanka Singh Rawat – Member of Parliament, Barabanki
- Percy Pratt – First-class cricketer
- Rati Agnihotri – Actor
- Santosh Gangwar - Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Labour and Employment
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "52nd REPORT OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR LINGUISTIC MINORITIES IN INDIA" (PDF). nclm.nic.in. Ministry of Minority Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20170525141614/http://nclm.nic.in/shared/linkimages/NCLM52ndReport.pdf
- ↑ Jeelani, Mehboob (27 August 2015). "Centre unveils list of 98 smart cities; UP, TN strike it rich". The Hindu.
- ↑ "Bareilly City Population Census 2011-2022 | Uttar Pradesh".