|1930 Women's World Games Basketball Tournament|
|Games||1930 Women's World Games|
Seven nations nations entered the continental tournaments, five nations in the Europe Zone and two nations in the Americas zone. The winner of the 1930 European Women's Basketball Championship and America zone tournament played against each other in the final at the Women's Word Games in Prague on 8 September 1930.
Canada won the final, with France finishing second.
Preliminaires[change | change source]
|1930 European Women's Basketball Championship||April – 13 July 1930|| Kraków
|America Zone tournament||1||Canada (University of Vancouver)|
Final[change | change source]
Players[change | change source]
Canada[change | change source]
France[change | change source]
Match[change | change source]
According to Polish media the basketball final made an excellent impression. Both teams were described to play very well tactically and technically. France was technically weaker compared to the Canadians. The shot accuracy of the Canadians was said to have a great precision. The Canadians were described to have played with: speed, harmony and accuracy. France was described to have played with: ambition and devotion.
|1930 Women's World Cames Champion|
References[change | change source]
- "Championnat d'Europe 1930 – Les premières Bleues en Or !". basket-retro.com (in French). 13 September 2021. Retrieved 2 July 2022.
- DROZDEK-MAàOLEPSZA, Teresa (2014). "Women's World Games (1922–1934)" (PDF). Akademii im. Jana Dáugosza w CzĊstochowie. p. 66-67. Retrieved 2 July 2022.
- DROZDEK-MAàOLEPSZA, Teresa. "Women's sport in Poland in the light of „Przegląd Sportowy" [Sports Review] magazine (1930)". Akademii im. Jana Dáugosza w CzĊstochowie. p. 66-67. Retrieved 2 July 2022 – via kipdf.com.
- "De derde vrouwen wereldspelen. Het programma". De Tĳd (in Dutch). 14 August 1930. Retrieved 5 July 2022 – via Delpher.
- "Au jour le jour en merge des grandes épreuves sportives". Le miroir des sports. 16 September 1930. p. 250. Retrieved 2 July 2022 – via kipdf.com.