|Coordinates: 46°20′12.45″N 13°33′3.55″E / 46.3367917°N 13.5509861°ECoordinates: 46°20′12.45″N 13°33′3.55″E / 46.3367917°N 13.5509861°E|
|• Mayor||Siniša Germovšek|
|• Total||367.3 km2 (141.8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||451 m (1,480 ft)|
|• Density||8.4/km2 (22/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Bovec (Italian: Plezzo, German: Flitsch) is a small Slovenian town in the Julian Alps that is the administrative centre of the Municipality of Bovec (Slovene: Občina Bovec).
The municipality of Bovec was established on 10 March 1994. Before that date, Bovec was part of the municipality of Tolmin.
Geography[change | change source]
The municipality of Bovec is part of the Goriška statistical region. It is in the northwest part of the country, on the border with Italy and is at about 30 km (19 mi) away from Austria. Part of the municipality is in the Triglav National Park.
The town of Bovec is at an altitude of 434 m (1,424 ft), on the edge of the Bovec valley, a broad and flat valley where the small Koritnica river joins the Soča river.
The municipality has an area 367.3 km2 (141.8 sq mi), and a population, in 2017, of 3,082: 1,512 men and 1,570 women. Its population density is of 8.4 inhabitants/km2.
The municipality of Bovec is surrounded by the following municipalities: Tarvisio (Italy) to the north, Kranjska Gora to the northeast, Bohinj to the southeast, Kobarid to the south, Chiusaforte (Italy) to the west.
Climate[change | change source]
Mild winters and warm summers are typical of the Bovec Valley. The mean annual temperature in the Bovec municipality is 11 °C (52 °F); the mean summer temperature (July, August) is 19.5 °C (67.1 °F) and the mean winter temperature (December, January) is −0.5 °C (31.1 °F). The average annual precipitation in the Bovec Valley is around 3,000 mm (118.1 in). The Kanin mountains have the highest precipitation in Slovenia, mostly in the form of snow between November and March.
Settlements[change | change source]
There are 13 settlements (Slovene: Naselja) in the municipality; the main is Bovec, which is the administrative centre of the municipality.
|006004||Kal - Koritnica||139|
|006007||Log pod Mangartom||126|
|006011||Strmec na Predelu||16|
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Communes of Slovenia". Statoids. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Nadmorska višina naselij, kjer so sedeži občin" [Height above sea level of seats of municipalities] (in Slovenian and English). Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia. 2002. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "Population by sex, municipalities and settlements, Slovenia, 1 January 2017" (xls). Statistical Office of Republic of Slovenia. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- ↑ Milenković, Aleksandar (2007). "Vzpostavitev lokalne samouprave v Republiki Sloveniji v številkah" [The Establishment of the Local Self-Government in the Republic of Slovenia in Numbers] (pdf) (in Slovenian). Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia. pp. 19–20. ISBN 978-961-239-131-7. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- ↑ "Municipality of Bovec - map" (in Slovenian). Geopedia.si. 2013. Archived from the original on 20 June 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- ↑ "Climate in the Bovec area". Bovec - The Valleys of Inspiration (Official website of the municipality). Retrieved 1 December 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website of the municipality (in Slovene)
- Municipality of Bovec on Geopedia.si Archived 2012-06-20 at the Wayback Machine