COVID-19 pandemic in Ethiopia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|COVID-19 pandemic in Ethiopia|
Map of regions with confirmed (red) Coronavirus cases (as of 22 April)
|First outbreak||Wuhan, Hubei, China|
|Index case||Addis Ababa|
|Arrival date||13 March 2020|
(4 months, 1 week and 2 days)
|Confirmed cases||263 (as of 13 May)|
|Active cases||150 (as of 13 May)|
|Recovered||108 (as of 13 May)|
|5 (as of 13 May)|
Cases[change | change source]
Response[change | change source]
Ethiopia will not be enforcing a travel ban, with Tadesse stating that the virus is in 134 countries, and enforcing a travel ban will not work.
References[change | change source]
- Tadesse, Lia (2020-05-10). "Report #59የኢትዮጵያ የኮሮና ቫይረስ ሁኔታ መግለጫStatus update on #COVID19Ethiopiapic.twitter.com/7eS5FNuv77". @lia_tadesse. Retrieved 2020-05-10.
- Lia Tadesse [lia_tadesse] (7 May 2020). "Report#55 የኢትዮጵያ የኮሮና ቫይረስ ሁኔታ መግለጫ Status update on #COVID19Ethiopia" (Tweet).
- "Ethiopia confirms first coronavirus case: Live updates". aljazeera.com. Archived from the original on 13 March 2020. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "Ethiopia confirms first coronavirus case". aa.com.tr. Retrieved 14 March 2020.
- "Ministry Reports One Recovery From Coronavirus". fanabc.com. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "PM Calls On Public To Apply COVID19 Containment Measures". fanabc.com. Retrieved 30 March 2020.
- "Ethiopia Confirms First Case of Coronavirus | Voice of America – English". voanews.com. Retrieved 14 March 2020.