COVID-19 pandemic in Luxembourg
|COVID-19 pandemic in Luxembourg|
As of 21 March, all regions have confirmed coronavirus cases (red)
|First outbreak||Wuhan, Hubei, China|
|Index case||Luxembourg City|
|Arrival date||29 February 2020 |
(1 year, 3 months, 2 weeks and 3 days)
On 29 February the Ministry of Health of Luxembourg confirmed the first case of the coronavirus in the country. The patient was a man in his forties who had returned from Italy via Charleroi, Belgium.
On 13 March, Minister for Health Paulette Lenert, Minister for Mobility François Bausch, and Minister for Family Affairs Corinne Cahen held a press conference to confirm another 8 cases and Luxembourg's first death, which was a 94-year-old who had been in critical condition.
References[change | change source]
- "Coronavirus: COVID-19". The Luxembourg Government Ministry of Health. Retrieved 11 June 2021.
- "Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline". BNO News. 26 February 2020. Retrieved 2020-03-01.
- RTL Today - Man quarantined in CHL: First case of coronavirus confirmed in Luxembourg, Charleroi Airport increasing precautionary measures
- "First coronavirus case confirmed in Luxembourg". luxtimes.lu. Retrieved 2020-03-08.
- "Livestream around 6 pm - rolling updates: Government to hold another coronavirus press briefing - Luxembourg records first coronavirus death". today.rtl.lu. Retrieved 2020-03-13.