Carmen Yulín Cruz
Carmen Yulín Cruz
|Mayor of San Juan|
|Assumed office |
January 14, 2013
|Preceded by||Jorge Santini|
|Member of the Puerto Rico House of Representatives|
January 2, 2009 – January 1, 2013
Carmen Yulín Cruz Soto
February 25, 1963
San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Political party||Popular Democratic|
|Education||Boston University (BA)|
Carnegie Mellon University (MS)
Carmen Yulín Cruz Soto (born February 25, 1963) is a Puerto Rican politician. She is the mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico since 2013. From 2009 through 2013, Cruz served in the House of Representatives of Puerto Rico.
Cruz became known for her dealings in San Juan during Hurricane Maria and how she and President Donald Trump engaged in a Twitter feud. As a result, she was nominated as a candidate for Time's Person of the Year.
References[change | change source]
- Bauzá, Nydia (May 7, 2012). "Con "las botas puestas" Carmen Yulín Cruz". Primera Hora (in Spanish).
- "San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz on Trump exchange: 'I don't give a (expletive)'". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2018-01-14.
- Zornick, George (2018-01-11). "Carmen Yulín Cruz Is a Politician on the Rise". The Nation. ISSN 0027-8378. Retrieved 2018-01-14.
- Pipoli, Renzo (November 6, 2018). "Puerto Rico opposition leader Hector Ferrer dies at 48". UPI. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "What to know about Carmen Yulin Cruz, the San Juan mayor slammed by Trump". ABC News. October 1, 2017. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "The Puerto Rico mayor is outperforming Trump in Time's Person of the Year". The Independent. 2017-11-20. Retrieved 2018-01-14.
- Gamboa, Suzanne. "San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz to co-chair Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign". NBC News.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Carmen Yulín Cruz on CamaraDeRepresentantes.org