Cecil Hotel (Los Angeles)
The Cecil Hotel is a hotel in downtown Los Angeles. It opened in 1927. It is in a poorer part of the city, and many deaths and violent acts have happened there. For example, the dead body of a Canadian student, Elisa Lam, was found on the hotel roof in 2013. The hotel changed its name to Stay on Main Hotel in order to distance itself from its dark past. Because of this, the hotel is also called "The Suicide."  
At least 11 people killed themselves in the hotel.
As of 2019, the hotel has 301 rooms for people who want to live there for a long time and 299 hotel rooms. Some of the hotel rooms are regular private hotel rooms and some are meant to be like a European hostel, where people who didn't know each other would be expected to share the room. The owners are currently rebuilding the hotel to make it nicer and newer. They plan for it to have 30 fewer rooms in 2021 to make space for other things.
The Cecil Hotel was part of the inspiration for the fifth season of the television show American Horror Story, which took place in a haunted hotel.
Now Cecil hotel has a documentary ,based on the death of Elisa Lam.Its creepy to think about it but very helpfull how to be careful in LA .If u ask me Elisa Lam isnt killed by accicent .
References[change | change source]
- Helling, Steve (November 29, 2019). "What Happened to Elisa Lam, Who Was Found Dead on the Roof of an L.A. Hotel in a Water Tank?". People.
- Nilles, Billy (February 19, 2019). "From the Black Dahlia to American Horror Story: Inside the Dark History of Los Angeles' Deadliest Hotel". E News.
- "Renovation Work on the Cecil Hotel to Start at Year's End". Downtown Los Angeles News. September 19, 2019.
- Dirnhuber, Jacob (September 10, 2019). "SCAREBNB Step inside the 'world's most haunted hotel' linked to mysterious deaths, serial killers and suicides". The Sun.
- Memmot, Mark (February 21, 2013). "L.A. Hotel Where Body Was Found In Water Tank Has 'Long, Dark History'". National Public Radio.