Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus railway station
|Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Railway Station|
|Town or city||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Coordinates||18°56′23″N 72°50′08″E / 18.9398208°N 72.83546760000002°ECoordinates: 18°56′23″N 72°50′08″E / 18.9398208°N 72.83546760000002°E|
|Construction started||May 1878|
|Cost||₹1,614,000 (US$21,000)(at that time) Now, ₹2,013.4 million (US$26 million)|
|Client||Great Indian Peninsula Railway|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Frederick William Stevens, Axel Haig|
|Criteria||Cultural: ii, iv|
|Inscription||2004 (28th Session)|
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus railway station
|Coordinates||18°56′23″N 72°50′08″E / 18.9398°N 72.8355°E|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Central Railway zone|
|Station code||Template:Indian railway code|
|Electrified||25 kV AC 50 Hz|
|Previous names||Victoria Terminus Railway Station|
Bori Bunder railway station
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus is a historic railway station in the city of Mumbai, India. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its name used to be Victoria Terminus. The station is also called VT (as short-form of Victoria Terminus) or CST (as short-form of Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus). The station was built in 1887. It was designed by Frederick William Stevens. The station is in the Bori Bunder area of Mumbai.
It is the busiest railway station in India. There are always a lot of people at the station. Short-distance trains and long-distance trains come to this station.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- ↑ File:India Mumbai Victor Grigas 2011-15.jpg
- ↑ Om Gupta (1 April 2006). Encyclopaedia of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Gyan Publishing House. pp. 507–. ISBN 978-81-8205-389-2. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- ↑ Manohar Bandopadhyay (2010). Tourist Destinations in India. Pinnacle Technology. pp. 57–. ISBN 978-93-80944-00-5. Retrieved 8 July 2012.[permanent dead link]
- ↑ Aruṇa Ṭikekara, Aroon Tikekar (2006). The cloister's pale: a biography of the University of Mumbai. Popular Prakashan. p. 357. ISBN 81-7991-293-0.Page 64
- ↑ "India's impressive railway stations". Rediff.com.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus at Wikimedia Commons