A Continuum is a continuous series where all parts are very similar to their nearest neighbour, but the ends or extremes of it are different from each other.
This describes something that changes gradually (little by little) from one condition, to a different condition, but without any sudden changes or discontinuities.
The difference between a continuum, and something with very different changes that can be measured, is important for all continuum theories.
Continuum may also refer to:
- The space-time continuum
- Continuum (mathematics), the real line, or more generally any space, ordering, or cardinal that shares certain properties of the real line (e.g., "connectedness" or "size")
- Language continuum - a group of dialects, where the dialect of each area is understandable in neighboring areas, and these dialects may gradually 'slide' from one language to another related language, even though speakers of the different languages who live farther apart may have more difficulty understanding one another.
- Continuum concept, Jean Liedloff's articulation of the natural principles upon which attachment parenting was founded
- Continuum Entertainment, a Brazilian game developer
- Continuum Health Partners, a consortium of New York City Hospitals
- Continuum hypothesis, a mathematical hypothesis
- Continuum International Publishing Group, a publishing house
- Continuum mechanics, a branch of physics that deals with continuous matter
- Continuum RPG, the time travel role-playing game C°ntinuum
- Apache Continuum, a continuous integration server for building Java based projects
- Q Continuum, a parallel existence in the fictional Star Trek universe
- Continuum (song), a song by Jaco Pastorius released on his self-titled album, August 1976
- Continuum (album), an album by John Mayer released September 12, 2006
- Continuum (CD), the debut album by music project Continuum released in 2005
- Continuum (computer game), the North American version of the classic computer game, Alpha Waves
- Continuum (game client), a game client for the SubSpace computer game
- Continuum (games convention), a biannual British roleplaying convention dedicated to the worlds of Greg Stafford, Michael Moorcock, H.P.Lovecraft and many others
- Continuum (instrument), a "fretless keyboard"
- Continuum (Ligeti), a composition for harpsichord by György Ligeti
- Continuum (music project), the musical collaboration between Steven Wilson and Dirk Serries
- Stargate: Continuum, a direct-to-DVD movie of the Stargate franchise
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Continuum.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.