County Sligo is one of the 32 counties in Ireland. It is home to the second biggest rural area in Connauct, Sligo and to Sligo Rovers F.C.. Many famous people have come from Sligo. These include Westlife and William Butler Yeats.
Towns and villages in County Sligo[change | change source]
The county town of the county is Sligo. It has a population of 17,892. Sligo is home to the Institute of Technology, Sligo.
- Achonry, Aclare
- Ballaghnatrillick, Ballinafad, Ballintogher, Ballymote, Ballysadare, Beltra
- Carney, Castlebaldwin, Cliffony, Cloonacool
- Collooney, Coolaney,
- Dromore West, Drumcliffe
- Easky, Enniscrone
- Geevagh, Grange, Gurteen/Gorteen
- Kilglass, Keash
- Monasteraden, Mullaghmore
- Riverstown, Rosses Point
- Skreen, Strandhill
- Tourlestrane, Tubbercurry