County Sligo is one of the 32 counties in Ireland. It is home to the second biggest rural area in Connacht, Sligo and to Sligo Rovers F.C.. Many famous people have come from Sligo. These include Westlife and William Butler Yeats.
Towns and villages in County Sligo[change | change source]
- Achonry, Aclare
- Ballaghnatrillick, Ballinafad, Ballintogher, Ballymote, Ballysadare, Beltra
- Carney, Castlebaldwin, Cliffony, Cloonacool
- Collooney, Coolaney,
- Dromore West, Drumcliffe
- Easky, Enniscrone
- Geevagh, Grange, Gurteen/Gorteen
- Kilglass, Keash
- Monasteraden, Mullaghmore
- Riverstown, Rosses Point
- Skreen, Strandhill
- Tourlestrane, Tubbercurry
References[change | change source]
- "Report 06. Population and area of each Province, County, City, urban area, rural area and Electoral Division, 2002 and 2006". CSO, Ireland, Volume 1 - Population classified by Area. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-05-31.