|• Type||City Council|
|• Mayor||Jim Long|
|• Dáil Éireann||Limerick City, Limerick|
|• European Parliament||South|
|• Total||51.3 km2 (19.8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|• Urban area||91,454|
|Time zone||UTC0 (WET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+1 (IST)|
|Area code(s)||(+353) 61|
Limerick (Irish: Luimneach from Lom na nEach, meaning "the Bare place of the Horses") is a city and the county seat of County Limerick in the historical province of Munster, in the midwest of Ireland. The city lies on the River Shannon, with three main crossing points near the city centre and has a 2006 population of 91,000 inhabitants within its urban area.
References[change | change source]
- "Limerick City Motto". Limerick.com. Archived from the original on 2010-11-08. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "The Mayor of Limerick City, Limerick City Council". Limerick.ie. Archived from the original on 2010-01-15. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "cso.ie" (PDF).
Other websites[change | change source]
- Media related to Limerick at Wikimedia Commons
- Limerick City Council Archived 2012-09-19 at the Wayback Machine
- LimerickPride Archived 2009-09-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Architecture of Limerick Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Various online history resources from Limerick City Library Archived 2007-10-30 at the Wayback Machine